If your business is focused on candies and costumes, Halloween is likely already your biggest season of the year. But for many traditional brick-and-mortar stores as well as online, Halloween is often a forgotten holiday with few businesses taking advantage of the season to boost sales and customer engagement. If your business is looking for ideas on how to increase sales during the Halloween season, you’re in the right place. Our latest infographic looks at the financials behind the holiday, as well as how your business can take advantage in the years ahead.
Boo-st Your Sales on Halloween 2018!
National Spending Predicitions 2018
- Candy: $2.7 billion
- Costumes: $3.4 billion
- Decorations: $2.7 billion
- Haunted House: $1 billion
Each Person Spends (On Average)
- Thanksgiving: $5
- 4th of July: $75
- Halloween: $86
- Christmas: $800
What Can Your Do?
- Stock up on inventory of chocolates and candles to sell.
- Costumers make the most sales. Stock up on pop culture and gender-neutral costumes, they’re a hit this year!
- Sell the best of Halloween decorations. Stocking up on unique scares rather than usual pumpkins and ghosts wins you extra brownie points with the customers.
- The way to a customer’s heart is through their stomach. Sell home-made Halloween cookies and cupcakes. Why not add some apple-cider?
- Distribute candies and chocolates to those who visit your store. Giveaway discounts and vouchers on Halloween.
- Give discounts to those in unique costumes on Halloween. If you’re a makeup artist or dry cleaners, throw offers!
- Decorate your store or hold contests for the best-decorated house. Ask customers to share decoration pictures on social media and tag your store!
- Give away Halloween-themed pastries and drinks. Who cares if its online? Send some delights along the anyway!
- Haunted House
- Invest in this billion-dollar craze! Join with a haunted house and offer discounts on your products and services at the site of the biggest haunted house in your locality!
Where Your Customers Search For Ideas
- Online Search: 35.17%
- Retail Store: 30.25%
- Facebook: 18.24%
- Pinterest: 17.94%
- Pop Culture: 17.23%
- Instagram: 0.39%
Push Your Presence on these platforms!
Prioritize your Business Costs
- Games & Contests
- Halloween party
- Halloween Merchandise
Scarier than the Holiday, are the expenses and costs. If you can’t afford these from your own pockets, don’t be afraid to ask for a little help from Reliant Funding. It takes less than 30 seconds.